- Date: January 22, 2021
So apparently there is a bug with Financial Reporting LCM in 11.2.3 EPM. This is caused by the FR product randomly storing a DB call in the Financial Reporting product registry.
You can see this by running FRconfig.cmd, found at: \Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\financialreporting\bin
Once launched, you can select the MBeans tab and then navigate to com.hyperion | Financial Reporting | Attributes
Examine the various values for the database, as the exact location of the issue will vary from SQL to Oracle DB Server. In my case, the value dbUserName was the culprit, but other options include: dbName, dbProductName and DbJdbcUrl.
In the entry you will see that my Financial Reporting configuration magically pointed itself to my Planning System db…which was never intentionally configured this way.
To resolve this, and not have to resort to the command-line LCM utility, which seems to ignore this value, you can update the server registry as follows:
- Navigate to the registry entries for both Foundation Services and Financial Reporting
- Add a new JVMOption#. This will be the next available JVMOption not used, and mine was 37 in the below example.
- Set the value for this entry to: -Dweblogic.oif.serialFilterMode=disable
- Increase the JVMOptionCount registry entry to match the new number above
- Restart Foundation and FR and LCM should resume functioning.