- Date: December 19, 2019
Well, it’s finally here. After a prolonged wait, we’ve finally got an upgrade to on-premise EPM 184.108.40.206. Oracle dropped 11.2, the “last official on-premise release” on December 18, 2019.
As all of the EPM blog writers and reviewers on-line scramble to provide you the “latest and greatest information” (i.e. their day old opinions), You can find loads of accurate information from the Oracle official blog here.
With that said, here are some initial thoughts:
- There is new support for the latest OS versions and DB versions, as expected. (Windows only for now)
- There is a move to Java 1.8 for the EPM code, removing and/or alleviating a number of security risks.
- The upgrade requires a net-new process, and no in-place upgrade is provided for.
- LCM will be the tool de jour for migrating from 220.127.116.11 into 11.2 (keep in mind the migration procedures were literally being written in the last few weeks so standby for changes/updates).
- The following products have been sunset:
- IR and PR Reporting
- Web Analysis
- HFM Extended Analytics and Essbase Analytic Link
- Disclosure Management
- Hyperion Strategic Finance
- Hyperion Planning modules (see the above Oracle blog for the whole list)
Our next steps at iArch Solutions will be installing the new product suite in a number of lab environments (OCI, Azure, AWS and GCP), across various combinations of the supported operating system and database versions. Santa’s elves just finished one project, but this year we’ll be moving right on to another. Stay tuned to this blog for more exciting 11.2 news.